Thursday, October 20, 2005

Whew, what a week.

Evan caught a virus and was up most of Sunday and Monday night. Tuesday he just laid on me all day and flopped around like a ragdoll with the 103 degree fever he had for a few days. Tuesday night Evan slept without interruption from 6:30pm until 7:00am! It was great. Then on Wednesday he developed a cough and last night there was not much sleep at all for either of us.

Poor Evan lays there in his crib in the dark and just says, "eeerrrr rar ra ra ra ba ba" in a hoarse voice. This can go on for over an hour. I think it is just because he doesn't feel well and lays awake. So I don't sleep either. I get up and check his temperature here and there. Last night it was down to 100 and this morning 99 so I think this chest congestion is the tail end of the virus he had.

James is out of town which is making it doubly hard because he is a great Dad and takes care of Evan very well, when he is not here, I surely notice it, especially when Evan is ill. Luckily he is coming home this afternoon!

Wednesday we were supposed to host a playdate which I was looking forward to, and today Evan and I were supposed to go the State Fair with the playgroup which of course we could not do. James is going to take Evan and I tomorrow or Saturday morning which I am greatly looking forward to. Being cooped up in this gorgeous Autumn weather is hard on both Evan and me.

Next week we have a Halloween party with the playgroup and then I go up and host my friend Tina's baby shower! Then it is Halloween and trick-or-treating with Evan and his cousin Maryn. Evan can't wait to be in his costume again!

In the meantime here are some pictures. Every evening we have bathtime as part of the bedtime routine and Evan just can't wait to dive in. Here he is eagerly awaiting the bath to be drawn.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: