Saturday, July 22, 2006

Evan's Third Haircut

I am really pleased with Evan's third haircut. His hair was getting a little long and out of control because I put off a haircut after our second haircut experience. Evan became HYSTERICAL during that second haircut, and pretty much went into a staring, unfocused state of sobbing and screaming. All of which amounted to an uneven and unsatisfactory haircut, which is in no way the fault of the hairdresser under the circumstances.

This third haircut I scheduled after nap time and when we went I had them NOT put the smock on, because I think it freaked him out not being able to see his arms last time. Then I had them wet the comb instead of his head, which he hates. He also stood up in the "car" the whole time instead of me forcing him to sit. She even used some virutally silent battery operated clippers to even it all up and let Evan play with them and even got him laughing at one point. All that coupled with a hairstylist lady who was fast and precise and a receptionst who was deft in her timing of presenting Evan with Elmo toys, (Elmo is his absolute FAVORITE right now) we got through a great haircut without a single tear.

Now we have the perfect short haircut for summer and plenty of time for it to grow before the NEXT haircut.

I got the hairstylist's name and I will be headed back to her next time. I gave Evan his first Tootsie Pop on the way home and he loved it. He loved it so much that it was all over his face and in his hair, ear and all over the car seat by the time we got home. It was right into the bathtub as soon as we stepped through the door between the hair and sticky mess.

Before: getting shaggy!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: