Thursday, October 19, 2006

Good News and Pics of Drew

Well I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes a couple weeks ago. After a week of 4x a day glucose testing I am doing well enough that from now on I only have to test 2x a day and email the results, so no more appointments at the Perinatal place for me until closer to the due date.

It will be nice to not have to prick my finger and remember to test so often! On another positive note, we qualified for another ultrasound to check if Drew is measuring where he should be as big babies can be a side-effect of Gestational Diabetes.

It was really neat to see Drew so far along in the pregnancy, he is really looking like a baby instead of a skelatal alien that early ultrasounds usually reveal. We also discovered he is going to look a lot like his big brother. They have virtually identical head shapes and noses. I call Evan's nose a "clover nose" because as a newborn it looked to me like a perfect little 3 leafed clover and Drew has some clover nose potential that is for sure!

Profile pic of Drew:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Big yawn:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Clover nose:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Evan as a newborn:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: